The Women of Courage award is inspired by the lifetime work of Congresswoman Jackie Speier who in her roles as a mother, attorney, congressional staffer and elected official has shown resilience in overcoming tragedy and life threatening situations and fortitude in taking on powerful political forces. She has become a leading champion of women's rights, individual privacy and consumer safety.
Fill out this form to nominate a young woman who, in the spirit of Jackie Speier, has shown courage in their efforts to make the world a better place. The Selection Committee is looking for women who are giving back to their community and have demonstrated compassion, resilience and integrity in their efforts to be of service to others.
The Selection Committee welcomes all innovative ideas of work that makes the world a better place. Examples could be, but are not limited to:
- Innovative work in science, technology, education or the arts
- Impactful investigative journalism
- Leadership in civic activism
- Advocating for environmental sustainability
- Starting a non-profit or social enterprise
The nominee must be:
- Female identifying
- 18-30 years old at nomination deadline
- Live, work or volunteer in San Mateo County
Please do not nominate an individual you or someone you know has nominated previously. If an individual is nominated by more than one nominator (in the same year), the selection committee will pick just one of the nomination submissions to be considered.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
Nominations should be submitted by 4pm on April 1, 2022 in order to be considered. Awardees will be announced in Late May 2022. Up to 3 individuals will be chosen to receive this $25,000 award.
Questions? Please contact Savannah Lira, PVF Program Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow these steps in order to nominate someone:
- Click the Create Your Account button below to create an account and fill out the nomination form. You will then be taken directly to the nomination form.
- Complete the form and click submit. (Please note you can save a draft of your nomination form and return at a later time before officially submitting it.)